After installing DOIFD with Mailchimp, Log in to your MailChimp account.
- Click on the Account Name on the left.
- Click Settings.
- Click Extras.
- Click API Keys.
- Create an API Key if you haven’t already or create a new one.
- Copy the API Key.
- Go to the DOIFD settings page.
- Click on the MailChimp tab.
- Paste in the API Key.Click Save.
- If you have an existing download, click edit. You will see the Mailchimp dropdown box. Select your list and save.
- If you have a new download, you will see the Mailchimp list in the upload form.
That’s all there is to it. Now every time a user verifies their email address it will be automatically be added to your MailChimp contact list.
Things to be aware of when your testing:
- I noticed a very slight delay when email addresses are added, but it’s minimal. Less than one minute usually
- The users email address will only be added after they land on the landing page, not when they submit the form. This is done to keep you in compliance with Mailchimps terms.